Thursday, June 21, 2012

SLIGHT OF HAND by Thomas J. Bellezza


Dear Stupid Ass Questions: I’m a Dr., a surgeon to be exact. Recently, I read an article about a study done where you let the patient who needs surgery, believe that you operated on them but, you don’t. The study says that patients who didn’t undergo surgery got better just thinking that you operated on them. I thought, wow, great way to pocket some extra cash. Would it be unethical to do this? I got my eye on a huge house on the Galapagos Islands.

Size does matter so click to enlarge

THOMAS: I was thinking, while reading your question, that the Galapagos Islands would not be my first choice. I would have thought the Island of St. Helena in the South Atlantic. It's about a thousand miles off the African Coast, and Napoleon was exiled there until he died on the 5th of May, 1821. Why there you might be asking yourself, you genially ingenuous dolt of a man... Because Napoleon also thought there was nothing wrong with his actions. And that's our history lesson for the day. In other words, since your a doctor, a surgeon to be exact, I feel I should have to use layman's terminology with you. STOP BEING A DOCTOR... Peace out homies.

No comments: