Tuesday, June 19, 2012

HAPPY TRAILS NURSING HOME by Thomas J. Bellezza


Dear Stupid Ass Questions: I work at an old folks home. I don’t make much money so I was wondering if it’s wrong for me to eat the lunches that I'm supposed to serve to the patients? Half the time they are asleep and I don’t want to disturb them so, I feel like I'm really doing them a favor by letting them get their rest.

Size does matter so click picture to enlarge

THOMAS: It makes sense that your kindness is being mistaken for rude thievery, but be assured the act is still foolery. I wouldn't so much just take the food, I would leave just enough for them to get one little tiny
small almost inconsiderable bite left so when they do awake... You can
just tell them they ate most of it in their sleep. You allow them to sleep, you get to eat and you also didn't take all their lunchables for yourself. In other words, you need to stop taking these people's food while they sleep. Just steal their food while they are awake, they are old people and that just means they don't know what's going on anyways. Besides, wouldn't you like someone to come into your grandmother's home and take her food while she sleeps. What in God's name is she going to do with all that food, she's old and dying. I mean, it's not wrong, is it?

1 comment:

Aner Candelario said...

The question is: How many lunches do you need? Invariably there will be someone who is not hungry. Take their lunch. The care you provide, to those others have forgotten or abandon is priceless. If the nursing home you work at cannot afford to give you a raise, then I am sure if they see what a wonderful care provider you are, that they will let you eat to your heart's content, any leftovers. They may decide to feed you first. It is better to ask for what you need, that to take without asking. You may find your lunch easier to digest that way.