Monday, July 30, 2012

ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET by Kelley Lynn


Dear Stupid Ass Questions: I recently took my in laws to be to an all you can eat buffet. My fiance’ got all bent out of shape when I pulled my chair up to the buffet and began eating out of the bowls. She said I was acting ill mannered. Was I suppose to let my fiance’s parents go first?

Size does matter so click picture to enlarge

Kelley: What you did was exactly correct. We are talking about an "all you can eat buffet" here; not dinner at Trump Plaza. There is no such thing as "manners" when you are involved in such a tacky event. Pulling your chair up and eating from the bowls is actually tame compared to what most people do at buffets. I don't want to gross you out, but let's just say that I once ate a plate of spaghetti that had a strong taste of feet; and some chocolate pudding that resembled sneeze particles. Your fiance' is being unreasonable. What's next? Expecting white-glove service at Sizzler?  The real question here is why the heck are you taking your in-laws to be to an All You Can Eat Buffet in the first place? I know it's a rough economy but come on ... really? It's time to break out the ole' wallet and spring for something a little more classy. Like White Castle.

No comments: