Monday, September 19, 2011

Diabeeetus, a Sexual Turn On by Tony Moschetto

Dear Stupid Ass Questions: Do People Get Diabetes By Eating Too Much Sugar?
TONY: Diabetes is a serious condition. According to the American Diabetes Association, 25.8 million children and adults in the United States, or 8.3% of the population have diabetes.  Anyway, nowhere on their website did it say anything about getting diabetes from eating too much sugar. Nor did it say anything about Wilfred Brimley's pronunciation of the word. He pronounces it, “diabeetus”. The ADA must not mind because they gave him a lifetime of service award in 2008.


Here's what I know...several years ago I went out with a gal that had diabetes. She had to inject herself with insulin a few times a day. At first, she was very sensitive about having to inject herself in front of me. After awhile she felt comfortable and started to. She was surprised by my calmness and willingness to watch as others in the past usually turned away. I told her I didn't mind at all. In fact, I said it kind of turned me on a bit. She asked why. I told her it was because of my fantasy of dating a heroin addict. The feeling of being with some strung out dope fiend aroused me, I told her. It was the best of both worlds, I would get the sensation of living dangerously as I watched her “shoot up” , so to speak, and derive all the pleasure without the fear of contracting some horrid disease or getting hooked on the stuff myself. 

She stopped returning my phone calls shortly thereafter. 
I discovered a lot about myself while dating this gal. Like my secret desire to role play and act out all the forbidden hidden fantasies that lay deep within my psyche.
It also taught me a lot about diabetes. So, to answer your question...no, you can't get diabetes from eating too much sugar.

No comments: