Monday, December 19, 2011

DIS-ORIENTED? by Kevin Bartini


Dear Stupid Ass Questions: I’m of Asian decent and very proud of it. The other day a friend of mine told me that she heard if you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times, they become dis-oriented. How do I find out if this is true? I am going to a theme park for my birthday and want to go on the rides.
Click picture to enlarge

KEVIN:  Dear Of Asian Decent, What your friend told you was a joke.  You see, the Asian continent and surrounding areas are commonly known as the Orient.  Therefore asking if you spin an Asian will he become “dis-oriented” is what we call a play on words or a pun.  To be disoriented can mean both to become dizzy or to lose ones Orientation.   Get it?  Another pun. I don’t blame you for not picking up on the sly use of the English language.  I’m sure that if your friend had asked that question in the form of a math problem that you would have gotten it, lickety-split.  Happy birthday!  The year of which animal were you born in?  I think I was born in the year of the dog.  But I can’t be sure.  I don’t have a placemat nearby.   You’re going to love going to the theme park to celebrate!  I don’t think you really need to worry about getting disoriented on the rides.  But you should check ahead.  Many of the rides will have a height requirement.

No comments: